Sunday, November 1, 2020

30 Days of Gratitude Day 1

Day 1 – November 1 – “Who are the people (past and present who’ve made a deep, lasting impact on your life?”

Well, dozens. Too many to list here, because it would take hundreds of pages, so I’ll name a few.

First my precious father, whose gentle, happy nature, and positive outlook seemed to always be my rainbow. He was definitely my “port” in every storm life threw me. If there is a saint up there in heaven, it is my Daddy. After he died 50 years ago, I still felt his presence for a long, long time. Every hard choice, every climb up a hill, every heartbreak, I cried to his spirit to help me through it.  I wish Daddy could be there to hug me and cry with me. Every joy, every  goodness, every happy event, the same. I wish Daddy could be there to hug me and enjoy it with me. The impact he had on me was, in part, I try to have his positive outlook. But mostly, I try to live as if he is standing by me. I want him to be able to say, “You did good.”

Other family members, including

Grandmother, who was the hardest worker I’ve ever known, but who also taught me to sew,  taught me to fish and to clean them once I caught them, taught me to love jigsaw puzzles and playing games, and kept our extended family together as long as she lived.

My brother, without whose unconditional love and support I might be homeless right now. I love his dry sense of humor, his intelligence, his spiritual goodness, and his beautiful and loving wife.

My cousins, Pat, George and David, all of whom have positively  impacted me in so many, many ways for so many years.

My sons, whom I will address later in the month, when I’m specifically grateful for my children.

And several lifelong or almost lifelong  friends: Pat, Deenie, Mary, Debbie, Ann, Jinger, and on and on…

Plus a few more “recent” friends, who have enriched my life and made me a whole better person through their support, and through just knowing them:  Ron, Chrystal,  Bob, Nancy, Pam, Mel, Don, and the list goes on…

Thank them all for loving me, supporting me, and blessing me just by knowing you.

No comments:

Post a Comment