Monday, November 23, 2020

30 Days of Gratitude - Day 23

 Day 23 – November 23 – “Give thanks for someone that told you a difficult truth”

This is the hardest assignment yet. I’m not sure anyone has told me difficult truths, other than that a loved one has died, or like last week, my children aren’t coming for Thanksgiving or Christmas this year. It is hard to give thanks for any of that, and I’m pretty sure none of that is the “spirit” of this assignment.

Nobody has ever told me I’m not smart enough to do something, or that I can’t do something because I’m female, or that I’m too old for something.

That said, I’m still waiting for someone to tell me what appears right now to be a truth, and it will be very difficult indeed: That I’m not getting a fence in my back yard. And it will be equally difficult to give thanks for the person that has to tell me that.

No comments:

Post a Comment