Monday, November 9, 2020

30 Days of Gratitude - Day 9

 Day 9 – November 9 – “Name a child that you’re grateful for. How do you imagine they’ll make the world a better place?’

Another hard one for me, because I’m not around children much. I have no grandchildren, so I go weeks on end without even SEEING a child, and usually only when I actually (used to) GO to church.

Ahhhhh! CHURCH!

Rose Weaver! She is about 8 now… in the 3rd grade this Fall. I probably have more contact with her than any other child I know. But not because of ME. Because of HER.

I won’t go into how beautiful she is, with her gorgeous red hair and her sweet smile, because all that beauty pales in comparison to her unconditional love for everyone she meets. “Everyone she meets” includes anyone who crosses her path.

Rose greets me every time she sees me. EVERY TIME.

She could teach the Dale Carnegie course, and maybe even add a few pointers of her own. She never forgets anyone’s name. Unless you have experienced it yourself, you have no idea what a warm feeling it is for a child you barely know to call you by name every time she sees you.

I’m grateful for Rose, but the rest of today’s question is about how she will make the world a better place. The answer is that she is ALREADY making the world a better place!

Rose exudes unconditional love. When you meet her, you might get the feeling she is an angel. She knows no hate, no political rhetoric, no unkindness of any sort. I don’t know about the whole rest of the world, but she is certainly making the world around her a MUCH better place! I’m thankful to be in her world.

No comments:

Post a Comment