Thursday, November 19, 2020

30 Days of Gratitude - Day 19

 Day 19 – November 19 – “Give thanks for what you’ve learned and are learning about God”

I’ve learned that my 5-year-old idea of God being an old man in long robes, and sitting on a giant throne in the clouds isn’t a realistic view of God.

I’ve learned that no matter how big I can imagine God to be, He is much bigger.

And God is not a person. He is love and light. He is omnipotent and universal, which is, frankly, beyond my wildest imagination.

God neither rewards nor punishes people. He gave us free will, so if asked, He will give us guidance, but we are essentially masters of our own earthly fate.

I’ve learned that God answers prayer, but sometimes His answer is, “NO.” Nevertheless, prayer changes the one who prays. God doesn’t change. I do.

I’ve learned that sometimes, when I’m alone, I feel God’s presence all around me.

But sometimes I ask, “Where are You God?”

And I have learned that God gives us “prevenient grace”.

It is His eternal gift to us.

Thank you God, for loving me unconditionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment