Saturday, November 7, 2020

30 Days of Gratitude - Day 7

 Day 7 – November 7 – “What is the best gift you’ve ever received?”

This is the most difficult topic so far, because “best” is so broad. It’s like asking me what is the best book I’ve ever read, or the best movie I’ve seen.

As for gifts, the one I treasure the most is a personal note on a Christmas card Mark gave me about 13 years ago. I still keep it in my Bible, and read it often. I have it memorized now, of course, but I still love to see his handwriting, because I see his face in my mind.

Another “best” gift is my Quilt of Valor. These are handmade for one veteran, and there is a cloth marker on the back of the quilt that states who made it, and for whom. Since I’m old, I actually use mine. It makes me feel cozy to wrap up in it.

My brother, Bob Galloway, and his wife Eunice have given me so much over the years… not just their love, but several trips to North Carolina, Washington D.C., and other places, and twice in the last 15 years or so, they have bailed me and my family out of dire emergencies. It’s hard to say what is the “best” gift they’ve given me.

Finally, the folded flag I was given by the Hoover Veterans Committee back in 2018. It was flown over the capitol in Alabama in my honor, and has the certificate signed by Governor Kay Ivey.

I’m thankful for all these gifts, and many more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment