Saturday, November 21, 2020

30 Days of Gratitude - Day 20

 

Day 20 – November 20 – “What made you smile today?”

The first thing that made me smile today was when I woke up and Jaco’s muzzle was snuggled against my neck. He was still asleep.

When I got up, I put on the robe Mark and Michelle gave me for Mother’s Day. Not only is it beautiful and soft and comfortable, but THEY gave it to me. I think about them whenever I put it on, and THAT makes me smile every morning.

While coffee was brewing, I fried 2 of the little brown eggs my neighbor gave me from his chickens. I thought about all the years my grandmother had chickens, and let me help feed them and gather eggs. Thinking about my grandmother made me smile.

Checked my email. Two bids on two items I have for sale on ebay. That made me smile!

This Thanksgiving and Christmas, I will be alone for the first time ever in my whole life. I’m still going to put up a tree.  Thank you 2020.  That doesn’t make me smile, but I did get out the old photo albums and remembered Christmases past. THAT made me smile, until I got to 2007. No pictures that Christmas. Hardest Christmas ever, until THIS year.

So, what mostly made me smile today?

Memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment