Monday, November 16, 2020

30 Days of Gratitude - Day 16

 Day 16 – November 16 – “Name a time that you’ve been given a second chance.”

Second chances are slippery slopes, and sometimes have grim outcomes.

 Since this 30-day exercise is about inspection and self awareness, I’m pretty sure the intent is not to explore all the mistakes I’ve made over the years. I have, however, explored many of them, and a whole lot of them involve second chances. But I am a person who likes to find “silver linings”, so while many of my “second chances” have been disastrous, I like to cover up the disasters with things like, “… well, if I hadn’t made THIS choice, I wouldn’t have met you,” or “.. well, if I hadn’t made THAT choice, I never would have been a nurse or a soldier or a mother.”

The BIG silver lining is that God ALWAYS gives me a second chance, and a third and a fourth… ad infinitum.

Thank you, God!

No comments:

Post a Comment