Monday, November 30, 2020

30 Days of Gratitude - Day 30

 Day 30 – November 30 – “Give thanks for God’s continued love, grace, and mercy”

I am so grateful I was born after Christ. The God of the Old Testament seemed to be an angry, vengeful, fear-invoking God. I’m not a Biblical scholar, but I don’t remember any scripture in the Old Testament that depicts God as a God of love, grace, and mercy.

Having children changes you. Maybe the birth of His Son changed Him too. Jesus was both fully human and fully divine. Of course, Jesus changed the world. Some say the whole point of sending Jesus was so he could experience the human condition firsthand.  I don’t pretend to know the mind of God. But if the Bible is to be believed, and I do believe it, after Jesus was born, God became a God of love, grace, and mercy. He became compassionate.

So since I hope to spend eternity somewhere besides in everlasting flames, I am very thankful for God’s forgiveness (mercy) for my many transgressions, for God’s grace that I don’t have to “earn” , and for His unconditional love,.

Amen and AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment