Wednesday, November 11, 2020

30 Days of Gratitude - Day 10

 Day 10 - November 10 - "Give thanks for someone who encouraged you."

Pastor Malinda, This assignment gets harder and harder! So many people have encouraged me over the years that I don't even know where to start!

Beginning with my grandmother, who encouraged me to be kind, and who assured me I was smart and beautiful. She is the one who, when I lost my baby teeth, and my hair was stringy and straight, again said that "pretty is as pretty does" and "beauty is only skin deep. It's your character that matters".

When I got to high school, David Littleton encouraged me to learn to play the cello, but he also urged... no, actually pushed me into debate, orchestra, and reading "lurid literature"... introduced me to "Lady Chatterly's Lover".

Randy Marsh encouraged me to finish college, and Susan Hill encouraged me to write and to finish graduate school.

All my early mentors who encouraged me are deceased now.

Maybe one or more of them is/are still looking down at me and maybe even one of them is my guardian angel.

No comments:

Post a Comment